In these cooler winter months I’ve been working on soft skin and trying lots of spray lotions and oils. There is something about a body oil I love… they feel more luxe than lotions and seem to soak into skin more quickly. And recently, I’ve also been experimenting with firming creams and serums. It’s worth a try, right? These are my top favorites I’ve tested this year.
Top 5 Body Moisturizers for Dry Skin
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Marienella Rosewood and Litsea Cubeba Imperial Jade Body Oil is pricey (sometimes you can score it for less at @fabfitfun) but the tiny bottle lasts a long time. This small-batch handmade oil contains Mongongo /manketti, argon, pomegranate seed marula, grapeseed, apricot kernel oils and Vitamin É add nutrients and has a pleasant floral/citrus/spicy scent. Read more about the maker.
2. Moroccanoil Dry Body Oil is a fast absorbing oil spray that’s great if you hate greasy lotions. Although it’s light, argan, olive and avocado oils keep your skin feeling soft. I put it on partially wet skin right after a shower.
3. My Bright Body Ayurvedic Body Oils are formulated for your body type. I use Pitta for hot-natured and sensitive skin. Bonus, this company is based in Richmond!
4. Pan Natural Goods Dermal Nectar for sleep is a luxurious pre-sleep ritual formulated with herbs to help you relax. If you shower before bed, put this all over or if not, rub on arms and chest before sleep. Pan Natural Goods is closed until summer and I’m eagerly awaiting a refill.
5. Alchimie Forever Optimizing Body Contour Gel is oil free and contains caffeine to help skin appear firm… I’m not sure I’ve noticed a drastic reduction in cellulite, but the gel absorbs quickly and has made my skin noticeably softer and smoother to the touch.